Lasting Powers Of Attorney
“If you are ever in a situation where you are unable to make decisions for yourself, it is important that the person assigned to decisions foon your behalf is someone you can trust. Lance Mason can help you arrange a lasting power of attorney to ensure that your interests are kept in safe hands, whatever may happen in the future.”
What Is Power Of Attorney?
Lasting Power of Attorney was introduced by the Mental Capacity Act 2005. The act asserts that even those that lack capacity should still have a say in decisions regarding matters that may influence their lives. Loss of capacity may be the result of debilitating illnesses, age or serious accidents.
Lasting Powers of Attorney documents designate someone to act on your behalf should you become unable to make decisions for yourself. Many people assume that relatives have automatic authority to act in this way but it is important to note that this is not the case unless they have written power of attorney.
Lasting Power of Attorney (LPAs) can fall into two categories:
- Property and Affairs Lasting Power of Attorney: this may involve your designated person dealing with your financial accounts, taxes, benefits and income
- Personal Welfare Lasting Power of Attorney: this may involve your designated person making decisions regarding your health, diet, dress, housing and treatment
How Can Lance Mason Help?
Our experts can:
- Provide expert advice and make sure you are fully aware of your rights
- Draft LPAs according to your wishes and needs
- Advise on the type of LPA that may be suitable for you
- Explain when LPAs are needed and assess how not having one may affect your life
LPAs do not have to be permanent and they do not necessarily have to be implemented towards the end of your life. Our experts will be happy to answer all your questions and arrange a free consultation.
Contact Us Today
All our advice is free in the first instance with no obligation involved.
WANT YOUR CASE RESOLVED PROFESSIONALLY ?