Vibration White Finger
“Vibration white finger can have a massive impact on your life. The condition can become quite severe, making ordinary tasks hard and your working life increasingly difficult. If you believe your suffering is the result of negligence on your employer’s part, contact Lance Mason today for free legal advice.”
How Is It Caused & What Are The Symptoms?
Vibration white finger (VWF) affects thousands of people every year and is a common industrial disease. It is caused by the use of hand guided power tools with high vibrations such as drills, chipping hammers, chainsaws etc. The persistent use of these tools for more than an hour a day can cause VWF. If your employer failed to take the necessary steps to minimize potential hazards and you are suffering as a result, you may be entitled compensation.
Symptoms of VWF include:
- Tingling in the fingers and hands (pins and needles)
- Loss of feeling in the fingers and general loss of strength in the hands
- Difficulty picking up small objects with your fingers
If you are suffering with any of the symptoms listed above, you may be suffering with VWF and should seek medical attention.
- Make a note of the machinery you use and how long you use it for on a typical day
- Find out if any co-workers are experiencing the same symptoms as you and write down their details
- Visit your GP; they will diagnose you and assess the possible causes of your condition
How Much Compensation Will I Receive?
That is largely dependent on the extent of your suffering and whether it has affected you financially as a result of being unable to work. Each case is different so call us today for advice that is tailored for you.
Our legal experts will answer your questions free of charge, even if you are still undecided about making a claim. At Lance Mason, the ultimate priority is to ensure that you are happy with the quality of service and that you feel comfortable with the person working on your behalf.
For no obligation, confidential advice, get in touch today.
WANT YOUR CASE RESOLVED PROFESSIONALLY ?