Noise Induced Hearing Loss
“Lance Mason have an excellent track record in securing compensation for the victims of noise induced hearing loss. Please get in touch today to find out how we can help.”
How Does It Happen?
According to the HSE (Health and Safety Executive), noise induced hearing loss is the most common occupational disease. The damage builds up over an extended period of time and it can become quite difficult to prove negligence, especially if you have worked for several different companies over the years. Lance Mason is well versed in all matters relating to noise induced hearing loss and deals with claims just like yours on a daily basis.
The following conditions are commonly associated with noise induced hearing loss:
Can I Claim?
The Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005 asserts that employers need to take certain steps to ensure that workers are not exposed to noise levels above 80dB. In many sectors, such as construction and engineering industries, keeping noise levels below 80dB is impossible. In these sectors, employers are legally obliged to provide hearing protection equipment. You may be entitled compensation if any of the following apply to you:
- You were not provided with hearing protection equipment while you were working in an environment with noise levels of over 80dB
- You were provided with hearing protection equipment but the equipment was insufficient and your hearing suffered as a result
- You were provided with hearing protection equipment and the equipment was sufficient but you were not trained properly on how to use this equipment and your hearing suffered as a result
What Do I Need To Make A Claim?
- Visit your GP; they will be able to diagnose you and offer a prognosis
- Make a note of any machinery you work with or worked with in the past
- When possible, keep any hearing protection equipment provided to you
- Make a note of any particular times when your hearing becomes worse
Contact Us Today
The most important part of our business is you. Your Lance Mason experience is what really counts and we do our best to offer a service that is second to none. Even if you are still undecided as to whether you would like to make a claim or not, our legal experts will answer your questions completely free of charge.
WANT YOUR CASE RESOLVED PROFESSIONALLY ?