Loyalty Matters – Terms & Conditions – May 2013
These terms and conditions (the “Terms”) govern your participation in the Lance Mason “Loyalty Matters” Loyalty Card Scheme (the “Scheme”) and your relationship with Lance Mason Ltd (“us”). If you use a Lance Mason “Loyalty Matters” Loyalty Card, you agree to these Terms.
1. Subject to these Terms, “Loyalty Matters” entitles the bearer (“you”) to a discount on certain legal services included in the Scheme.
2. In order to be entitled to a Loyalty Matters Cards and to receive any associated benefits, you must have previously instructed us in a legal matter which was successfully resolved by us.
3. To participate in the Scheme and take advantage of the “Loyalty Matters” Loyalty Card, you must be resident in the UK and aged 18 or over.
4. To claim the discount, you must inform us that you are a member of the scheme when you contact us with your instruction. If we are not made aware that you are a Loyalty Matters member at the outset, we cannot apply any discount.
5. If you have been issued with a Lance Mason “Loyalty Matters” loyalty card, it may only be used by you. It may not be sold, given or loaned to anyone else. The Loyalty Card has no cash redemption value.
6. The standard discount you are entitled to as a result of being an eligible member of “Loyalty Matters” is 10% of our professional charges which you have incurred in relation to your claim. The discount will only be applied to our professional charges to you (“our profit costs”); this means the charges we make to you for the time spent on your file, either by charging a fixed hourly rate or by agreeing a fixed fee at the outset. It does not include any disbursements or insurance policies incurred on your behalf for the progression of your claim, nor does it include any element of VAT.”
7. In cases where we recover our entire profit costs from your opponent you will not be charged any fees. As a result, no discount will be applied.
8. If at any time during or after the claim we deem that your claim is fraudulent or fundamentally dishonest, you will not be entitled to any discount.
9. If at any point you do not respond to us in a timely manner or become unresponsive, or choose to ignore our written advice; you will not be entitled to any discount.
10. The “Loyalty Matters” discount may not be used in conjunction with any other offer provided by us.
11. The “Loyalty Matters” Loyalty Card remains the property of Lance Mason Ltd at all times and must be returned to us or destroyed upon request. We reserve the right at any time to:
a) alter these Terms
b) withdraw the Loyalty Scheme and/or an individual’s “Loyalty Matters” Loyalty Card.
12. We may take any action we consider appropriate, including withdrawing an individual’s “Loyalty Matters” Loyalty Card, if we have reason to believe that an individual is in breach of these Terms.
13. A copy of these Terms can be found at https://www.lancemason.co.uk/about-us/loyalty-matters/
14. We may use your personal data for the purposes of contacting you, including via e-mail, in relation to: any changes to these Terms; your participation in this Scheme; and to provide you with details of any associated offers or updates regarding “Loyalty Matters”.
15. By participating in the Scheme you also consent to Lance Mason contacting you, including via email, to tell you about other events, promotions and activities in relation to “Loyalty Matters”. You may opt out of receiving such communications at any time by following the instructions in the communications.
16. We will not pass on your personal information to third parties, except as may be required for the purposes of administering the Scheme.
17. It is important that your contact details are kept up to date. Please inform us at the address given below if your details change at any time.
18. The Loyalty Scheme is promoted by Lance Mason Ltd, company number 07123287, registered address, GM House, Wilkinson Way, Blackburn, BB1 2EH.
19. If you wish to contact us for any reason please email [email protected] If a “Loyalty Matters” Loyalty Card is found it should be returned to Lance Mason at: GM House, Wilkinson Way, Blackburn, BB1 2EH.
20. These Terms are governed by the laws of England and Wales.